COVERS WINDOWS 7!
Note: We also have a guide available for Windows Vista and XP.
The plain-English computing guide you’ve been waiting for!
Personal computers and the Internet are revolutionising the way we live. With an inexpensive home PC you can write letters, organise your finances, send email around the world in an instant, find information, buy goods and services, get instant access to government agencies, pay bills and much more … all at the click of a mouse button.
But if you haven’t grown up using computers, the technology – and terminology – can seem daunting. If this is you, then you need this guide!
Using plain language, best-selling author Mark Neely takes you step-by-step through:
- Understanding computing terms
- Choosing the right computer for you
- Selecting printers and other devices
- Avoiding traps and pitfalls
- Getting a great deal
Once you’ve bought your computer (at a bargain price!), this guide will show you how to use Windows 7, the latest and greatest version of the world’s most popular operating system. You’ll find out about:
- Starting your computer
- Organising your desktop
- Opening and closing programs
- Creating and saving files
- Managing your files
- Searching for files
- Maintaining your computer
- Dealing with common computer problems
..and much more.
Internet access can transform your PC into a communication and information super centre. Step-by-step instructions show you how to:
- Choose an Internet service provider
- Visit Web sites
- Search for specific information
- Send and receive email
- Access services
- Shop online
- Find telephone numbers and addresses
- Join an online community
There are also links to dozens of useful Web sites.